Govt investigates Monte Casino students allegations
The Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education has launched a full investigation at Monte Casino Girls High School in Macheke following a strike by learners last week.
Mashonaland East Acting Provincial Education Director, Mr Kennedy Maturure said following preliminary investigations by officials from the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education who visited the school last week, they have launched a full- scale investigation as some of the allegations require more time.
“Our team’s preliminary findings point to a number of allegations by the pupils which require further investigations, so a team led by Marondera schools inspector, Mr Chanda is doing that,” he said.
145 students from Monte Casino staged a demonstration by walking 7km to Macheke Police Station in the early hours of Friday last week, protesting against a number of issues which include corporal punishment and victimisation.